Monday, July 1, 2013

Happy Summer Everyone!

I am pretty sure that it would take Divine intervention to fit 1 more thing into my summer, but I am praying for that intervention to get just a little "me time" my craftroom is so lonely without me. But since we are having a challenge at Cards in Envy I did get a chance to go in for a couple of hours the other day.

Here is the sketch we started with

And here is what I came up with

I decided to make a card for a friend who is getting married and taking a trip to Europe for their honeymoon (Oh so jealous).  I used transparency paper for the window and had the view looking out over the Eiffel Tower.  The paper comes from the DCWV stack Tre' Chic, the borders are pre-made scrapbooking frames from My Mind's Eye that I cut down to fit the A2 size card and I used ribbon and buttons  from my stash to put the finishing touches.  The only thing I decided I should do differently if I try this same idea again, is that I completely forgot to leave room to write anything on the inside, to I am going to write a note to put in there, but I laughed for a few minutes when I realized what I had forgotten ;)
Take a minute to go over to Cards in Envy and see what the other fabulous Design Team members have come up with!

Other Challenges
Crafty Ribbons Challenge - Anything Goes with Ribbon
Totally Paper Crafts Challenge - June Bride



9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!
    And I have to say: so is Eiffel Tower:)
    Love the ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the card and the bride should love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! Love the Eiffel Tower picture window. Great take on the sketch. ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice card! Your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful creation. Thank you for joining us this week at TPC Challenge.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great creation, thanks for sharing with us at crafty ribbons
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card for your friend! I know what you need about needing time in the craft room. I haven't sat down at my desk in several days and I miss it horribly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tanya Great Card, I love this vintage looking photo of Paris and your take on the sketch. I am sure your friend will love it. I need time to actually get in and tidy up my craft room, which always seems to be messy of late. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I love hearing your feedback :)