Monday, March 12, 2012

I don't remember getting older, how did she?

This LO is of my daughter, it seems like just yesterday she was a baby, and now she's so grown up. It reminds me of a song from Fiddler on the Roof, but you definitely don't want to hear me sing it, so I will tell you about my project.  
 
I started with a challenge from Colorful Creations (White with just one other color) and found this picture, and the LO kind of created itself. I used the Favorite Things challenge at Totally Paper Crafts to inspire the embossing on the sentiment (favorite #1) The glimmer mist on the rosebuds (favorite #2) The rosebuds are from the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge incidentally. And the #3 favorite, is that I love the shadow feature on my computer, I use it all the time to print and then color in the words with gel pen (that's how I did this sentiment). The Hotshot Craft Blog challenge was Ribbons, .so I gave it a shot, and they were a must keep. And finally Really Reasonable Ribbon had a "Green" challenge too, and since my sheer ribbon just happens to be sold there, I had to enter one last challenge.


6 comments:

  1. A wonderful layout
    . Thank you for joining us at HSC for our Ribbon Challenge

    hugs Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clean and classic, with the picture remaining the focal point of your lay out. Fabulous! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ya
    a beautiful card, such a true saying,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! The card and her.

    And I think songs always do a good job of describing our feelings. Fiddler on the Roof certainly has some great ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I love hearing your feedback :)