Sunday, January 8, 2012

Home Sweet Home

I am attempting to make a book in memory of my late Grandmother, using scrapbooking to give it life, as well as dates and occasions.  This particular page is being entered into the On The Edge  challenge going on at Whimsical Designs.  There are sadly very few pictures of my Grandmother, this is about 1955 in Seattle, Washington in front of her house.  I used my Nifty Fifties Cartridge for the house, done at 3"(that is width, not height). The sentiment came form sentimentalities, and the paper is a combination of Basic Grey, Stella Ruby Stack, and DCWV Old World Stack.

4 comments:

  1. Tanya your LO is so sweet. I love the sentiment. Very nice choice of papers, gives it a very nice vintage feel. Maybe you could make up for the lack of pictures by filling it in with story telling pages. Maybe tell a story about your Grandma, and pair it up with cricut cuts and sentiments. My mom HATES to have her photo taken...I know that when she is gone I will be said to only have a few photos of her. It looks like you used a MS punch for your border..came out gorgeous. Any tips? Thank you for joining us over at Whimsical Wednesdays, have a great week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice layout tanya. i like the page punch you used. i agree with stephanie (above post) with the journaling/story telling. have fun with the grandma album and thanks for sharing with us at whimwednesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sentiment is perfect. It's a lovely project. Thank you letting us into your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a great tribute page for your grandmothers book.. I have plans for one as well and have the same problem with having not a lot of photos of her :( your doing a great job and I'm absolutely positive that she would love it..
    thnx for playing along with us over at Whimsical Wednesdays.
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I love hearing your feedback :)