Thursday, June 16, 2011

Birthday card, red yellow and orange

 I made this birthday card for 2 challenges, Crickets Cricut Creations is doing a challenge, anything birthday :) and Whimsical Wednesdays was having a color inspiration challenge, they showed us a picture and we could use Red, Yellow, and one other color (found in the picture) of our choice.  I chose orange to add to the yellow and red.  I don't usually use orange a lot but I got these super cute flowers in the mail today and I couldn't resist.  the sentiment is from the classic font cartridge. I used a gem for the dot in the I and used glitter glue all over the yellow part of the words.  The paper is from the Citrus Stack, and the flowers were a gift, so I am not sure where they came from.  I used red gems for the insides of all of the flowers.  Inside I just layered Cranberry red with the same citrus I used on the outside and pale yellow.  I put some twine and a button inside, and some twine on the front just to add a little more, also on the front I stitched the orange and yellow parts with a white gel pen.

12 comments:

  1. This card turned out so pretty. I love the flowers & the twine combo along with the colors. You did a great job.
    Good to see you enter it into the Whimsical Wednesday Challenge blog. Thanks!
    Crafty best wishes,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! Thanks for entering my challenge!
    http://cricketscricut.blogspot.com/
    Mollie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card. I love the way you used the colors of the challenge and the twine and flowers are wonderful. Thanks for joining Whimsical Wednesday.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful summery card!!! Love the flower! Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays! Hugs, CAthryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving this card! All the details you added are great!! I especially love those flowers! Great job on the challenge and Thanks for playing with us at Whimsical Wednesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUPER Birthday card!And soo pretty,Amazing job with the color challenge.Thanks so much for joining us at Whimsical Wednesday!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card! I love the flowers and the long shape. Thanks for playing at WHimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice choice of colors. Especially like the flowers.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card...fabulous. I am now a follower. TFS! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and color choices! You did an excellent job with the challenge! Thanks for sharing and playing along with us over at Whimsical Wednesdays

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is just beautiful. I love that you tried something different and chose a color that you are not used to working with:) I love the font you used too. I always have such a hard time cutting font with my cricut but yours came out flawless! When I first looked at your card I did not even realize those were the flowers I sent you! I am so glad that you liked them and was able to use them. You did a great job with the color challenge. Thank you for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I love hearing your feedback :)