Monday, June 27, 2011

Fourth of July

 
This card is being entered into 2 challenges. Whimsical Wednesday and Cricut Cardz. The challenge at Cricut Cardz was to use the flag and any cricut cartridge, and the Whimsical Wednesday challenge was to do a patriotic card using either brads, bling or buttons.  I did a standard A2 size card, I started with ivory cardstock, and used black to mat before I added any images.  I cut red and white strips at 1/2" to do the stripes and I used blue glitter paper from the Tradewinds paperpack with sticky bling for the stars.  The snake was cut at 3 1/2" from the Create-a-Critter cartridge, and I added google eyes, just because he was cute that way.  The snake is stitched in white as are the outside borders of the red stripes. The white stripes are stitched in red.  Inside I made the balloon that is found on the same page on Create-a-Critter, also cut at 3 1/2".  I used bright shiny red paper and added a blue ribbon, just to keep the red white and blue theme going. On the front I used gold stickers for the word happy, they were from the clearance rack at walmart (not sure what brand) and the 4th was printed on my computer and cut out with my fiskars circle punch.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, such a cute and fun card. You did a fantastic job. TFS! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is a hoot. Super adorable image & gotta love that party hat on his head & the googley eyes. Great job. Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Wednesday.
    Crafty best wishes,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet is this card! The snake with his part hat on is too cute! What a fun card! Great job.. Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdya's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card gave me a good chuckle. Everything about it is just adorable. Love the the hat and the eyes. You even did the inside. I have a feeling you are getting addicted to crafting..am I right. Love that you are playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FANTASTIC job with your SWEET card!LOVE the cute little snake and the flag in the backround,to COOL!Thanks so much for playing along at Whimsical Wednesday!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I love hearing your feedback :)