Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Love at Home

I made this card for a friend who inspires me, she has such a peaceful loving feeling in her home, I just wanted to share with her how much her example meant to me.  I am entering it into the challenge at Heart Song Inspirations, the challenge was to make a card using scallops/paper piercing, I am also using a free digital stamp that I got from them. I printed it on ivory cardstock and used colored pencils to fill it in.  The border was cut using my Fiskars Effervescence paper punch, I printed the words and colored them in with gel pen, then I hand cut it to fit around the side of the card.  I had never used a digital stamp before, I didn't even know that they exsisted until a few weeks ago when my sister brought some card kits to a family get-together... So I guess I was a little behind the times, but I had a lot of fun learning.

4 comments:

  1. This is so sweet, I am sure your friend will love it! I love the soft colors and all the scallops:) Thanks so much for joining us at Heart Song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card...love the colors you used and the pretty scallops! So glad you joined us this week, hope to see you back next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the coloring you did on this image. Incredible use of colored pencils. Great scallops! (Wish we didn't have to do that word verification thingy!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and sweet card Tanya! Your friend will love it. I really like the pretty soft pastel coloring and all of the layered scallops.
    Thanks for joining us at Heart Song Designs this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I love hearing your feedback :)